2/10/09

Dr. Ben Carson, A Man With Gifted Hands

Gifted Hands premiered this last week end. Fortunately, TNT will be showing it over the next few weeks. Please check it out. See the Side-Bar for details.

While I'm certain you've heard of the guy on the right, Academy Award winner, Cuba Gooding, Jr., you may not recognize the other handsome guy on the left.

He is the author of Gifted Hands, Dr. Ben Carson. But he is so much more than an author. He's history in the making! Yes, in the medical field, but also in the lives of his patients.

My Personal Encounter
My first encounter with Dr. Carson was about six years ago through a friend, whose son was blessed with the privilege of becoming Dr. Carson's patient.

Little did I know that in a matter of a few years, I would be hearing him speak and on more than one occasion. Or that I would get to meet him personally. And his lovely wife, Candy. Or that I would be honored to share an intimate meal with him and about 75 or so others. And that I would get to stand in the same buffet line! LOL.

To top it off, I met his personal assistant. She is an amazing woman. It was a joy getting to see her at the events and spending time chatting with her.

Most of you know that I love a good autobiography read. So finding Gifted Hands by Dr. Carson was a delight. He's written other books about his life as well. I have all the copies. And the hard back edition of Gifted Hands sits proudly on my coffee table.

Honestly, I've heard a sea of speakers in my time, but Dr. C. blows them all away in one paragraph. I could listen to him 24/7 and never tire of his next line.

Why He Is Loved
Mostly, I love him, not just because he represents health, but because I believe he is a man of integrity.

I think you will come to love and respect him, too.

I would recommend you read his books as the movie only touched the surface of his life.

Grab your popcorn, and get ready for a heart warming inspirational story!

Here are two videos for you to look at. You will need to scroll to the bottom of the page and turn off the playlist (click on upper left hand corner icon).


For Dr. Carson's website for his scholarship funding, clk here.
For an interview with Gooding and Carson, clk here.


Copyright © 2008 by Pilates Worx 4 Life. All rights reserved. Check out website: www.pilatesworx4life.com