1/8/09

BuzZStop and BEE Healthy


Honey. I'm sure you love your honey. If not, the New Year is a sweet time of year to tag it to your daily calendar.

Of course, I'm talking about honey from our delicate, BEEautiful, yet, intriguingly vibrant bees.
Without honey, you are missing a critical piece of your health puzzle.

If you read my article in October, you already know the numerous attachments honey brings to your wellness. Please go back and review the article. Note what kinds of honey are better for you. This isn't about just walking into WallyMart and pulling a jar off of the shelf. Do your work. Do your research. The results will be sweet.

I found Benefits-of-Honey website while doing my research for that article. I absolutely loved it. It was the best site on honey I found. And the lovely lady, a consumer researcher, who developed it, is amazing. She gave me permission to link her site to mine. I do believe she's from Singapore. Isn't that too fun? I want to go see her!

With that as the back-drop, I've added her BuzZStop link to my side-bar. I hope you will take advantage of her expertise on honey. She updates her tips a few times a month.
NOTE: Her site is benefits-of-honey.com, not benefitsofhoney.

BEE Aware
One other note: If you are like I was, I had no idea our precious little bees were being threatened with extinction. One recent report from AOL News read:

Perhaps nothing on our list of disappearing America is so dire; plummeting so enormously; and so necessary to the survival of our food supply as the honey bee. 'Colony Collapse Disorder,' or CCD, has spread throughout the U.S. and Europe over the past few years, wiping out 50% to 90% of the colonies of many beekeepers -- and along with it, their livelihood.

A survey conducted by the Apiary Inspectors of America in February 2008 estimated that a third of colonies were lost, on average, compared to the year previous. Thirty-three percent losses in the past 16 months? Those are huge and devastating numbers, indeed. Due to the publicity of the losses, more extensive studies are underway; in Europe and in North Dakota.

The Great Sunflower Project is gathering bee observation data from thousands of Americans. Corporate America is hopping on board, too, with Haagen-Dazs' "Help the Honey Bees" project and Burt's Bees community initiative.(SarahGilbert,2008)

So, I salute all Beekeepers, like Jon and Andrea, who are locals, and care for bees in their own backyard. Just recently, I was in their lovely home, and Jon told me they would help me get started with a hive of my own on my four acres. Hmmmm. Was he kidding?

Let's see, how can I work around my hubby being allergic? Didn't I just say I have four acres? I bet I could limit the bees to three of those acres! I can hear him now, "Oh, honey, honey, honey..."

Copyright © 2008 by Pilates Worx 4 Life. All rights reserved. Check out website: www.pilatesworx4life.com