11/3/08

Will U Use Your Mind Tomorrow???

Did I miss something? Oh, yeah, uh, er, wrong election. Sorry. What do you expect from a blond? On second thought, don't answer that!

Who Will Be Your POTUS And Why?
But really, is this so different from the way the masses are voting for POTUS tomorrow? Think about it. That's it. "Think". People are mindlessly walking to the polls and casting a ballot for age, gender, and or color. Honestly, folks, is this what the founding fathers counted on us considering when voting for the key player in our government?

Personally, I don't think any of those particular "populations" make a pres. Would it be exciting to see a woman as a president, even vice-president? And, yes, it would be great to have a race other than white elected. But what we have is a black-white/ white-black person as a candidate. I say that because he is not just black. He's both. So no one can say they are not going to vote for him because he's black, NOR can others cast a vote because they say he is. Let's be real here. Are we still living in the antebellum era? I pray not!

Are you weary of the arguments? The spins? The lies? The lack of integrity? I am.

Finding Peace In Times Of War
Where do I find any peace in the midst of the turmoil with this nation's confusion? That I have the right to cast a vote. But more so, that I have the freedom to think for myself.

So why would I dare turn that over to a gender card, an age card, or a race card? That would be an insult to my intelligence. The truth is I like the thought of a woman in office, I like the thought of an older person being in The Seat, and I like the thought of a minority person having a chance to help guide this country that I love.

But more than any of those, I am compelled to humbly but boldly vote with my conscience.

My Candidate Of Choice?
Am I going to disclose my choice? Of course not. This blog is not a platform for my personal politics.

What I do ask is that we wake up and protect our freedoms by voting, yes, but casting that vote for the one we believe stands closer to our principles. And to realize that this isn't about ONE person.

It's about all of us working together in our own sphere of influence to make this nation stand taller, and better than we have ever been, regardless of who is elected.

Surely we are not so weak minded and apathetic that we are willing to elect someone and turn our lives over to them. It does say "WE the people..." not "ME the President..." doesn't it?

If that's the case, we might as well vote for David Cook.

And what does this have to do with Pilates/Health? Maybe nothing, maybe everything. "Think" about it!!!!

See you at the polls !

Copyright © 2008 by Pilates Worx 4 Life. All rights reserved. Check out website: www.pilatesworx4life.com